Last Updated May, 2023
What Information We Collect.
Information You Provide to Us.
We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through our Websites, our Services, and your online and offline communications with us. This information may be collected when you register on any of our Websites, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use live chat, contact customer support, open a support ticket, enter information on our Websites, or utilize the Services, or apply for a job.
The following is a list of the categories of Personal Information we may collect and may have collected in the last 12 months:
- Basic Identifying Information. Including your first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number (and mobile carrier if you enroll in our text messaging program), and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords and other information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data. We collect demographic information including your age, birth month and/or day, gender, and country.
- Payment Information. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, but we will not collect any of your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number or information identifying your financing account), the security code or expiration date associated with your payment instrument.
- Profile Data. We collect your interests, favorites, wish lists, ring size preferences, and other profile data.
- User Content. Including your communications with us and any other content you provide (such as social media profiles, photographs, images, videos, survey responses, comments, product reviews, testimonials, and other content).
- Audio and Visual information. Including photographs, images, videos and recordings of your voice (such as when we record customer service calls for quality assurance)
- Employment Data. We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, including your employment history, resume, transcript, responses to questions listed on our job applications or other forms related to your application for employment, writing samples and references.
- Government Identification Data. We may collect in certain circumstances other information such as an image of your driver’s license or other government-issued identification for fraud prevention purposes. We may also collect government-issued identification numbers such as your social security number for tax reporting purposes in the event that you win a prize through a Promotion.
Information from Social Networking Sites.
Information You Disclose Publicly.
Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Services. We may use Service Providers (as defined below) to collect his information. The categories of information we may automatically collect and may have collected in the last 12 months includes:
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails and advertisements you view, the products you purchase, the time of day you browse, your referring and exiting pages, and other similar information about your interactions with our Services.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information about the means through which you interact with our Services.
- IP Address and Device Identifier We collect your IP address and related location data, and other device identifiers, including mobile advertising identifiers, about the devices you use to interact with our Service. We collect this data for various purposes, including to assess and diagnose problems, improve the functioning of our Services, servers, and hosting providers, as well as to analyze trends and traffic patterns, gather demographic information, track the date, time, and duration of each session within our website, prevent fraud, and customize our Services and advertisements.
- Pixels. A pixel is a line of code that is used on our Websites to attribute online activities to a device or browser. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a device or browser has visited a particular page on our Website.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small graphic images or other web programming code, also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs.” Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Websites, to monitor how users navigate our Websites, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. Location-aware technologies may be used to collect precise location data when you enable location-based services through your device. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
Since this information may be collected when you are signed on to our Websites, this information may be associated by us with Personal Information that we have collected from you. For further information on Online Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the sections entitled “Links and Third-Party Websites” and Choices Regarding Your Personal Information.”
Personal Information from Other Sources.
The following are the categories of other sources that we may collect information from: marketing companies; financing providers with which we offer financing for purchases and financial services providers used for processing payments; partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products or engage in joint marketing activities; advertising and marketing partners; publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
How We Use Information We Collect.
We only use payment and identity verification information that you provide to us as necessary to manage the Services, including, without limitation, completing the registration process, completing transactions and otherwise to perform the Services for which such information is expressly provided. We generally use other information we collect from or about you:
- to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings that we believe are likely to be of interest to you;
- to improve our Website and Services in order to better serve you and quickly process your transactions;
- to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- to send you technical notices, updates security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies and support, and administrative messages;
- to communicate with you about and enable you to participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, rewards, upcoming events and other news about products and Services offered by Luvente, companies related to Luvente that control, or are controlled by or under common control with, Luvente (collectively, “Affiliates”) and our business partners;
- to request ratings and reviews of our Services or products;
- to link or combine it with other information we receive from third parties;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- administer our reward programs;
- for marketing and advertising purposes; and/or
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- to review and evaluate our applications to work with or for us or otherwise respond to you regarding opportunity inquires; and/or
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your Personal Information, please see the section entitled “Choices Regarding Your Personal Information” below.
How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information.
We do share your information with third parties as listed below. Some of these disclosures of your information may constitute a sale of Personal Information under some data privacy laws. Accordingly, we offer the option for you to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information as set forth under the section “Right to Opt-out of the sale of Sharing of Personal Information” below.
- With Your Consent. With your consent, we may share your Personal Information with Affiliates, joint ventures, and other business partners. For example, our Websites may offer access to relevant services if you agree to have your information shared with third parties so they can contact you about related products and services.
- Authorized Third Parties Providing Services on our Behalf. We may use third-party service providers to assist us in processing your information and/or to support our services and/or our Websites, such as customer support services, clearing and processing credit card payments, e-mail and text message deployment services, data hosting services, data processing services, business analytics services, marketing services, and to provide certain products or services that you have requested (collectively, “Service Providers”). Our Service Providers s will be permitted to collect and process your personal information for the purpose of performing their contracted functions and for no other purpose. We only provide Service Providers with the information necessary to complete the requested service, product or transaction and contractually prohibit them from retaining using or disclosing information about you for any purpose other than performing the Services for us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may permit our Service Providers to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Reward Programs, Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer reward programs, sweepstakes, contests and other promotions through our Websites that may require registration. If you choose to join a reward program, or enter a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion, subject to the terms and conditions of such reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties who help design, administer and/or implement such reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with reward, winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated analysts and, to the extent required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by joining a reward program, or entering a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern such reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except as prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated therewith. All terms applicable to the particular reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion will be made available to you at the time you join the reward program, or enter the sweepstakes, contest or promotion.
- Vendors and Other Third Parties. We may share information with vendors and other third parties for business and commercial purposes. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. Vendors also include web hosting companies, shipping and fulfillment companies, insurance companies, data analysis firms, analytics and advertising technology companies (including digital advertising and SMS/MMS text messaging companies), customer service providers, consulting or marketing firms/providers, bookkeeping or legal firms, financial service firms and/or technology companies, including, but not limited to enterprise applications firms, firms which provide technologies to enable electronic and SMS/MMS communications and data storage providers. Additionally, if you use a credit card or other financing alternative to place an order with Luvente, we will use a payment processor to process your information in association with the transaction. We may also share information with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction. Vendors and other third parties may act as our Service Providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. Information may be disclosed to vendors and other third parties in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring and improving our Services and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements.
- Feedback, Testimonials and User Generated Content. If you provide feedback or testimonials on the Services or on Luvente products or services or provide other User Generated Content (such as photos or videos), we may post and share this feedback, testimonial or other User Generated Content, including your information, on the Services, with partners, or in marketing and promotional materials. We may, at our sole discretion, edit feedback, testimonials or User Generated Content for length and content. California residents have additional rights as set forth in “Additional Disclosures for California Residents”.
- Other Luvente Businesses. We may share information we collect about you within the family of Luvente Websites and with other Luvente-affiliated entities, so we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- Business Transfers. Luvente shares information collected through our Websites with and among our corporate family. We may buy or sell a company, some of a company’s assets, a Website or Websites or several of the companies in our corporate family may merge with one another, be otherwise reorganized or be acquired by another company. If we negotiate and/or complete such a corporate transaction, we may share or transfer some or all of your information and we reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with such corporate transactions and other corporate changes.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information that does not identify you or de-identified information about you with other parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Choices Regarding Your Personal Information” below.
Children’s Privacy (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act).
Neither our Services nor Websites are developed for or directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is 13-16 years old and using our Services, please send us an email at [email protected] to opt-in or request the deletion of any personal information we may have collected about the child. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is under 13 years old and using our Services, please contact us to arrange for the deletion of any personal information we may have collected about the child. at children under the age of 13.
Links and Third-Party Websites.
Other Party Websites and Services
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Our Services contain Online Technologies owned and operated by vendors and other third parties. For example, we use Online Technologies from analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Services, compile statistic reports on the Services’ activity, and provide us with other services relating to Services activity and internet usage. We also work with ad-serving services, advertisers, and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Services and/or on other websites and services. These third parties may use Online Technologies on our Services (including in e-mails and advertisements) and on other websites and services to track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on our Services and other parties’ services or devices after you have left the Services (“Interest-based Advertising”). We may serve ads on other websites and services, which are targeted to reach people (or similar people) who have visited our Service or that are also identified in one of more of our databases. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Service and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
How to Opt-Out of Cookies, Promotional Emails or Text Messages.
- Cookies. You can adjust your browser settings to refuse or remove cookies. However, by doing so, you may not be able to access or use certain features on our Websites or take advantage of all services. If you choose to block or delete cookies, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service at [email protected]. Personal Information provided over the telephone to customer service is subject to the terms of this Private Policy.
- Emails. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your Personal Information with third parties by emailing [email protected].
- Text Messages. If you have provided us with your prior express written consent to receive marketing text messages you may opt out at any time by emailing [email protected]. You may also opt out of such texts by texting STOP in response to a marketing text from us. Following your STOP text message, you will receive one additional confirmation text message stating that you’ve opted out.
Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. However, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do not Track” signals or other mechanisms.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
You can opt-out of Google’s use of your Personal Information in visiting www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on for your browser.
Some of the other parties that collect information from or about you on the Services in order to provide more relevant advertising to you may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some of these other parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/choices . If you are in the EU, please also visit the EU online choices page at www.youronlinechoices.com Please note that if you opt-out using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-Based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks) or non-targeted ads. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any other parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information.
Consistent with applicable law, you may exercise the rights described in this section. Please note that some of the rights may vary depending on your state of residence.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information. You may change certain of the Personal Information in your customer account (if any) by logging in to your account and editing it, provided that it remains true, accurate, complete, and up to date. Additionally, you are entitled to know what Personal Information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your Personal Information corrected. For these purposes, please contact us at [email protected]. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response. You may also request that Luvente delete or destroy your Personal Information. We will delete or destroy any Personal Information that we have collected about you, provided there is no ongoing transaction and solely to the extent permitted by law. For these purposes, please contact us at [email protected]. Please allow up to (30) days for a response.
Specific State Rights. Residents of California, Nevada, Connecticut, Colorado and/or Virginia, have additional rights as set forth in the sections entitled “Additional Disclosure for California Residents,” “Additional Disclosure for Nevada Residents,” and “Additional Disclosure for Residents of Colorado, Connecticut and/or Virginia.”
Verification Process and Required Information. All requests regarding your Personal Information must be verified. Some requests, including receiving a copy of your data or requests made by an agent claiming to be acting on your behalf, are subject to heightened requirements. If we cannot verify your identity based on the information provided, a request for a copy of your data shall be treated as a request for information and if we cannot verify your identity, a request to delete personal information may be treated as a request to opt-out of the sale of personal information.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. An Authorized Agent must have written documentation of their authority to act on your behalf, such as a Power of Attorney. California residents have additional rights as set forth in the sections entitled “Additional Disclosures for California Residents” below.
How We Protect Your Information.
We have implemented reasonable organizational, technical, physical and administrative steps designed to protect Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. Despite our efforts, no method of transmission of information over the Internet or storage of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security and shall not be liable for any breach of security with respect to any of your information. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR THE PCI STANDARDS, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We will retain your information as long as needed to enable you to access the Websites and Services or otherwise interact with you, and for as long as you or we can bring a legal claim. After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
Changes to This Private Policy.
We may change this Private Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Private Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. If we make any material change(s) to the Private Policy, we will post a notice on our Websites prior to such changes(s) taking effect.
Additional Disclosures For California Residents
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt-out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
California Notice Of Collection
We may collect, and may have in the past 12 months collected, the following categories of Personal Information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Basic Identifying Information: including name, email address, phone number, account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Government-Issued Identifiers: including your driver’s license number or other similar government identifier.
- Device Information and Other Unique Identifiers: including device identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifier or similar unique identifiers.
- Payment Information: including credit or debit card numbers.
- User Content: including your communications with us and any other content you provide.
- Demographic Data: including your age or gender, some of which may include characteristics of protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial Information: including products or services history and purchases and rewards activity.
- Internet or Other Network Activity: including browsing or search history and information regarding your interactions with our Service.
- Physical Characteristics: including ring size and other information you provide.
- Audio or Visual Data: such as photos or videos you share with us or post on the Service.
- Geolocation Data: including information that permits us to determine your location, such as if you manually provide location information or enable your mobile device to send us precise location information.
- Inferences: such as information about your interests and favorites.
- Sensitive Personal Information: Luvente only collects sensitive personal information, as defined in the applicable U.S. state privacy laws, with your consent. We do not use sensitive personal information for inferring characteristics about you.
Right To Know, Correct, And Delete
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know certain information about our data practices, delete the Personal Information we have collected from you, and correct certain Personal Information, each as more fully set forth below. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- The categories of Personal Information about you we disclosed for a business purpose, sold, or shared, and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was so disclosed, sold or shared, by category or categories of Personal Information for each category of third parties or persons to whom the Personal Information was disclosed, sold, or shared;
- The categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was disclosed for a business purpose, sold, or shared;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing the Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
You may request the deletion of Personal Information by contacting us and providing the required verification information and other details we need in order to process the request appropriately. We may, to the extent permitted under applicable law and regulations, retain and continue to process data where a CCPA or other exception applies. We will inform you if such an exception applies.
You may request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information. We may, to the extent permitted under applicable law and regulations, decline to correct data where a CCPA or other exception applies. We will inform you if such an exception applies. We may also elect to delete information instead of correcting it if such deletion does not negatively impact you or you consent to the deletion.
Right To Non-Discrimination and Non-Retaliation
You have the right not to receive discriminatory or retaliatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights. If you believe you have received discriminatory or retaliatory treatment by Luvente for exercising your CCPA rights, please contact us.
Right To Opt Out of “Sale” or “Sharing”
We do not as a matter of course “sell” Personal Information, as that term is commonly understood. However, Personal Information collected on our Service by third parties for purposes of Interest-Based Advertising and/or our sharing of your Personal Information with third parties to improve the Services may be considered “sharing” under the CCPA, and you have the right to opt out. To exercise your opt-out right, visit “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” and follow the steps provided.
California “Shine The Light” Law
If you are a customer in California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from Luvente regarding the manner in which Luvente shares certain categories of Personal Information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for their own direct marketing purposes. To receive this information, send us a request at the address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” above. Requests must include “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Luvente may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
California Minor Postings Removal
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Services and posted content or information on the Services, can request that such information be removed from the Services by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” above. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonably good-faith efforts to remove the post from the prospective public view. Please note that such requests do not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of the content may have been reposted by another user.
Notice of Financial Incentives
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts, gift cards, or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or participate in a survey. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your name and email address) and commercial information (like your purchase history). You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and, for any ongoing benefits, you have the ability to opt-out at any time, such as by following the unsubscribe instructions in our promotional emails or contacting us at [email protected]. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Additional Disclosures For Nevada Residents
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of Personal Information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us at [email protected].
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR CONNECTICUT, COLORADO AND/OR VIRGINIA RESIDENTS
If you are a Connecticut, Colorado, or Virginia resident, you may take advantage of certain privacy rights, such as requesting access, correction, or deletion of your personal information. Because we may “sell” personal information or engage in “targeted advertising” as these terms are defined in Connecticut, Colorado, and Virginia laws, you may also exercise your right to opt out of such sales or targeted advertising by contacting us at [email protected]. You have the right to appeal a denial of your privacy rights.