Last Updated November, 2020
This Private Policy uses the following definitions:
- Affiliates” are companies related to Luvente that control, or are controlled by or under common control with, Luvente.
- Anonymous Information” is data and information that is not reasonably linked to a particular person, computer or device.
- “Personal Information” is data that is reasonably linked to a particular person, computer or device.
- What Information We Collect.
- We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through our Websites, our services, and through your online and offline communications with us.
- Information You Provide to Us.
We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information and other Personal Information when you use our Websites and/or services. This information may be collected when you register on any of our Websites, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use live chat, open a support ticket, enter information on our Websites, or utilize our services.
Information from Social Networking Sites.
Information You Disclose Publicly.
Information Provided by Third Parties.
- Remember and process your orders and use of our services.
- Understand and save user preferences for future visits; and/or
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better experiences on our websites and to develop tools in the future.
A pixel is a line of code that is used on our Websites to attribute online activities to a device or browser. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a device or browser has visited a particular page on our Website. Web beacons are small graphic images or other web programming code, also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs.” Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Websites, to monitor how users navigate our Websites, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
Since this information may be collected when you are signed on to our Websites, this information may be associated by us with Personal Information that we have collected from you.
Personal Information from Other Sources.
How We Use Information We Collect.
We only use payment and identity verification information that you provide to us, such as credit card numbers, bank account numbers and driver’s license numbers, as necessary to complete the transaction and to perform the services for which it is expressly provided. We generally use other information we collect from or about you:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings that we believe are likely to be of interest to you;
- To improve our Website, services and security in order to better serve you;
- To respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- To communicate with you about and enable you to participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, rewards, upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by Luvente, its Affiliates and our business partners;
- To quickly process your transactions;
- To request ratings and reviews of our services or products;
- To follow up with you after previous correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- To link or combine it with other information we receive from third parties;
- To help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To administer our reward programs;
- For marketing and advertising purposes; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information.
Except as otherwise disclosed at the time you provide your information, the following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others:
- With Your Consent. With your consent, we may share your Personal Information with Affiliates, joint ventures and other business partners. For example, our Websites may offer access to relevant services if you agree to have your information shared with third parties so they can contact you about related products and services.
- Authorized Third Parties Providing Services on our Behalf. We may use third-party service providers to assist us in processing your information and/or to support our services and/or our Websites, such as customer support services, clearing and processing credit card payments, e-mail and text message deployment services, data hosting services, data processing services, business analytics services, marketing services, and to provide certain products or services that you have requested. These authorized third parties will be permitted to collect and process your personal information for the purpose of performing their contracted functions and for no other purpose.
- Reward Programs, Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer reward programs, sweepstakes, contests and other promotions through our Websites that may require registration. If you choose to join a reward program, or enter a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion, subject to the terms and conditions of such reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties who help design, administer and/or implement such reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with reward, winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated analysts and, to the extent required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by joining a reward program, or entering a sweepstakes, contest or promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern such reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except as prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated therewith. All terms applicable to the particular reward program, sweepstakes, contest or promotion will be made available to you at the time you join the reward program, or enter the sweepstakes, contest or promotion.
- Other Luvente Businesses. We may share information we collect about you within the family of Luvente Websites and with other Luvente-affiliated entities, so we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- Business Transfers. Luvente shares information collected through our Websites with and among our corporate family. We may buy or sell a company, some of a company’s assets, a Website or Websites or several of the companies in our corporate family may merge with one another, be otherwise reorganized or be acquired by another company. If we negotiate and/or complete such a corporate transaction, we may share or transfer some or all of your information and we reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with such corporate transactions and other corporate changes
We will keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out above.
How to Opt-Out of Cookies, Promotional Emails or Text Messages.
- Cookies.You can adjust your browser settings to refuse or remove cookies. However, by doing so, you may not be able to access or use certain features on our Websites or take advantage of all services. If you choose to block or delete cookies, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service at [email@example.com]. Personal Information provided over the telephone to customer service is subject to the terms of this Private Policy.
- Emails. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your Personal Information with third parties by emailing [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Text Messages. If you have provided us with your prior express written consent to receive marketing telephone calls and text messages made using an automatic telephone dialing system (auto-dialer) and/or an artificial or prerecorded voice, you may opt out at any time. If you do not wish to receive marketing telephone calls and/or text messages, including calls or texts made using an auto-dialer or an artificial or prerecorded voice, you may express your choice to opt-out by emailing [email@example.com]. You may also opt out of such calls and texts by texting STOP in response to a marketing text from us. Following your STOP text message, you will receive one additional confirmation text message stating that you’ve opted out.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information.
Limit Information Sharing. If you are a customer of Luvente, you have the right to limit how we share some of your Personal Information. Upon request, you can limit how we share your Personal Information: (i) For our Affiliates’ everyday business purposes-information about your creditworthiness; (ii) For our Affiliates to market to you; and (iii) For our Non-affiliates to market to you. The following chart provides details about your choices:
Reasons we can share your Personal Information
For our everyday business purposes:
such as to process your transactions
your account(s), respond to court orders and legal
investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes:
to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies
For our Affiliates’ everyday business purposes:
information about your transactions and experiences
For our Affiliates’ everyday business purposes:
information about your creditworthiness
For our Affiliates to market to you
For Non-affiliates to market to you
To limit information sharing, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If you limit sharing, your choices will apply to everyone associated with your account.
Also, please note that if you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information right away. When you are no longer our customer, we will continue to share your information as described in this Private Policy. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information.
You may change certain of the Personal Information in your customer account (if any) by logging in to your account and editing it, provided that it remains true, accurate, complete and up to date. Additionally, you are entitled to know what Personal Information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your Personal Information corrected. For these purposes, please contact us at [email@example.com]. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response. You may also request that Luvente delete or destroy your Personal Information. We will delete or destroy any Personal Information that we have collected about you, provided there is no ongoing transaction and solely to the extent permitted by law. For these purposes, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Please allow up to (30) days for a response.
Your California Privacy Rights.
Data Collection. We do not knowingly allow third parties to collect Personal Information about your online activities when you use our Websites and services for purposes of online behavioral tracking.
Do Not Track. California law requires us to disclose how we respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals or other similar choice mechanisms relating to online behavioral tracking. We have not yet developed a response to browser “Do Not Track” signals, and do not change any of our data collection practices when we receive such signals. We will continue to evaluate potential responses to “Do Not Track” signals in light of industry developments or legal changes.
Links and Third-Party Websites.
We may include or offer third-party products or services on our Websites or link to third-party websites. We do not control those third-party sites and are not responsible for the technology, content, privacy policies or practices in connection with those sites. You should carefully review the privacy policies that apply to any third-party sites you access from our Websites.
How We Protect Your Information.
We have implemented reasonable organizational, technical, physical and administrative steps designed to protect Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. Despite our efforts, no method of transmission of information over the Internet or storage of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security and shall not be liable for any breach of security with respect to any of your information. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR THE PCI STANDARDS, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Children’s Privacy (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act).
Neither our services nor Websites are developed for or directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you believe a child has provided us with Personal Information and you would like to have the information removed, please contact us at [email@example.com ].
Changes to This Private Policy.
We may change this Private Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Private Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. If we make any material change(s) to the Private Policy, we will post a notice on our Websites prior to such changes(s) taking effect.